Taxand named Latin American Tax Firm of the year
Taxand, the world's largest independent global network of specialist tax advisors to multinational businesses, was last night recognised for the quality of its work in the Americas by winning the Latin America Tax Firm of the Year Award at International Tax Review's (ITR) Americas Tax Awards 2009.
The network had further success as member firms Alvarez & Marsal Taxand, US, and Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi, Taxand Argentina, won the North America Tax Restructuring Firm of the Year and Argentina Tax Litigation Firm of the Year awards respectively. Taxand Argentina also won the Latin America Tax Litigation Firm of the Year.
All of the awards were determined following in-depth research by ITR's editorial team into the perspectives of tax executives, in-house counsel, tax advisors and private-practice lawyers operating in the region. Taxand has members in all 14 jurisdictions and US metropolitan areas covered by ITR, demonstrating the network's scale and its pan-Americas capabilities.
The awards recognise Taxand's high-profile work in the Americas over the last year involving complex and innovative solutions for an extensive range of multinational clients.
Taxand was nominated for 12 awards in total, an increase on the 9 short listings received in the same set of awards last year. Moreover, the recent tax planning and transaction tax polls revealed that client officials and advisors voted Taxand member firms as top or second-in market for six out of the ITR's 14 jurisdictions or US metropolitan areas.
Frederic Donnedieu de Vabres, Chairman of Taxand, said:
"The winning of this prestigious award is testament to the inherent quality in Taxand's network of advisor firms in the Americas. In just four years Taxand has established itself as a key player in the region."
"Taxand's work in Latin America has included providing complex cross-border tax advice for numerous multinational companies and it is a credit to the quality, breadth of experience and rapid implementation ability of our tax advisors that we have been recognised so prominently in these awards."
- ### -
NOTES TO EDITORS
Latin America Tax Firm of the Year Award - Taxand:
- Argentina - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi
- Brazil - Barbosa, M?ssnich & Arag?o
- Chile - Barros & Err?zuriz Abogados
- Colombia - G?mez-Pinz?n Abogados
- Mexico - Mijares, Angoitia, Cort?s y Fuentes
- Peru - Miranda & Amado Abogados
- Venezuela,-,Candal Taxand
North America Tax Restructuring Firm of the Year Award - Alvarez & Marsal Taxand, US
Argentina & Latin America Tax Litigation Firm of the Year Award - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi, Taxand Argentina
- Tax Litigation Firm of the Year Award - Taxand Argentina - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi
- Latin America Tax Litigation Firm of the Year -Taxand Argentina - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi
- Tax Firm of the Year Award
- Taxand Argentina - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi
- Taxand Chile - Barros & Err?zuriz Abogados
- Taxand Peru - Miranda & Amado Abogados
- North America Tax Restructuring Firm of the Year - Taxand US - Alvarez & Marsal Taxand
- Latin America M&A Tax Team of the Year - Taxand Chile - Barros & Err?zuriz Abogados
- Latin America Indirect Tax Firm of the Year - Taxand Argentina - Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi
- Best Newcomer US - Alvarez & Marsal Taxand
- Best Use of Internet - Alvarez & Marsal Taxand US
- Latin America Tax Firm of the Year - Taxand
Taxand is a global network of leading tax advisors from independent member firms in nearly 50 countries. Our tax professionals--more than 300 tax partners and 2,000 tax advisors--grasp both the fine points of tax and the broader strategic implications, helping our clients mitigate risk, manage their tax burden and drive the performance of their business.
We're passionate about tax. We collaborate and share knowledge, capitalising on our collective expertise to provide our clients with high quality, tailored advice that helps relieve the pressures associated with making complex tax decisions.
We're also independent--ensuring that our clients adhere both to best practice and to tax law and that we remain free from time-consuming audit-based conflict checks. This, coupled with the compact structure of our member firms, enables us to deliver practical advice, responsively.
Taxand has achieved worldwide market recognition. We have won the International Tax Review's (ITR) best newcomer awards for delivering best-in-class cross border advice throughout Europe, across the Americas and over Asia Pacific in 2008. Moreover 85% of Taxand firms are ranked in the top tiers of World Tax 2009, the ITR's global guide to the world's leading tax firms. 31 member firms were voted top in the ITR tax transaction survey and 30 were ranked top in the ITR tax planning survey 2009.
Taxand Global Marketing
T. +44 (0)207715 5243