Cash is King - Taxand 2009 Global Conference identifies how to profit in a crisis
In his keynote speech at the Taxand 2009 Global Conference Tony Alvarez advised delegates that in the current economic climate," Cash Is King ". This perspective was a recurring theme as Taxanders from around the world presented a global view of the key tax issues facing multinational clients today and in the future.
Hosted by Alvarez and Marsal Taxand LLC, Taxand's US member, the 9th Taxand Global Conference took place at The Westin Diplomat Hotel in Miami, Florida from the 18th to the 20th February. Over 200 Taxand delegates attended alongside more than 60 global Taxand clients to deliver and contribute to a wealth of sessions focussed on making the most of the economic downturn.
Key pointers from the conference included how to:
- help our clients generate more cash by managing tax effective supply chain management
- leverage sophisticated advice to deliver tax efficient operations
- prepare for the impact of the OECD business restructuring paper
- structure acquisitions in a cash efficient manner
- identify refund opportunities
- realise value from depreciating real estate through distressed asset investment or divestment
- organise the model tax department of the future
- restructure the debt of your global operations
- leverage from changes anticipated in the tax audit arena
- achieve global tax efficiencies through benefiting from new contract manufacturing regulations
Anecdotes, case studies and surveys carried out across Taxand's 47 member countries were also shared to help clients picture how to apply Taxand's experience to their businesses.
Bob Lowe, CEO of Alvarez & Marsal Taxand LLC, our US Taxand member, commented: "It was a pleasure to host Taxand's global conference this year. The client feedback has been outstanding. One particular client comment really hit home: "I would like to thank you [Taxand] on behalf of all of the tax professionals in industry for providing us with an alternative for high quality tax advice". I truly believe that Taxand will only get stronger and the next 4 years will prove to be even more exciting than the first four as we help our clients around the world use their liquidity to best advantage. All of our Taxanders left Miami more energized than ever".
Frederic Donnedieu de Vabres, chairman of Taxand, said, "This conference was a turning point in the development of Taxand. Bringing together multinational Taxand clients with Taxanders from nearly 50 territories to discuss how to profit from the credit crunch added real value. The power of our global network is clear. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes and deliver, fast."
- ### -
NOTES TO EDITORS
Presentations, case studies, worldwide surveys and speaker details are available to download here.