- Puerto Rico
- 1 of 18
Okkie is based in Taxand South Africa where he is an executive at ENSafrica. He is a qualified CA (SA) and specialises in international tax (with special emphasis on inward and outward investments and the funding of transactions such as restructurings, take-overs and merger and acquisition), transfer pricing, thin capitalisation, the application of international double tax agreements and exchange control regulations.
Okkie has gained commercial experience working as a group tax advisor for a South African manufacturer, and has worked for a leading international firm of auditors, advising multinational companies on cross-border tax implication.
Okkie’s experience includes advising multinational companies. He has a specialised industry knowledge servicing clients in the construction, mining, energy, manufacture, distribution and services industries.
He specialises in advising multinational companies on:
- setting up operations in SA;
- structuring of investments into SA considering the various tax and exchange control implications;
- structuring transaction in the most tax efficient way;
- the need to draft transfer pricing policies; and
- obtaining exchange control approval.
Okkie is recognised as a leading lawyer by the following reputable rating agencies and their publications:
- The International Who’s Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers 2014 – Corporate Tax (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2016, 2013 – Tax law (South Africa)
- BCom (Accounting) (University of Pretoria)
- BCom (Accounting) (Hons) (University of Pretoria)
- CTA (University of Pretoria)
- Advanced Certificate in Taxation (University of South Africa)
- CA (SA) (University of Pretoria)