- Puerto Rico
- 1 of 18
Bernard Du Plessis
Bernard du Plessis is an executive and joint head of Taxand South Africa, ENSafrica’s tax department. He is a chartered accountant and specialises in advising on international mergers and acquisitions, international fund structuring, private equity, and corporate and project finance transactions. He also extensively advises on exchange control implications of international transactions and on tax dispute resolution.
Bernard’s experience includes advising on global projects, such as the structuring of complex international commercial transactions; mergers; acquisitions; group reorganisations of international and local listed and unlisted companies; and infrastructure projects in various industries, such as telecommunications and e-commerce, logistics, finance, mining, construction, and energy.
Bernard is also experienced in international private equity transactions and has advised on the establishment of various international investment funds, including in the property and development sectors. He extensively advises on African transactions and has substantial experience on structuring and planning African investment structures and transactions.
Bernard has authored the income tax chapter of Cyberlaw, which is regarded as a leading book on Internet law in South Africa, and he also co-authored the South African country chapter in the World Tax Guide 2010.
Bernard is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Who’s Who Legal 2016, 2015 – Corporate Tax: Advisory (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016 – Corporate Tax: Controversy (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- Tax Directors Handbook TDH250 2016 – Tax (South Africa)
- CA (SA)
- BCom (Accounting) (Hons) (University of Pretoria)
- MCom (Taxation) (University of Pretoria)
- Leadership in Professional Service Firms course (Harvard Business School)