- Puerto Rico
- 1 of 17
Beric is based in Taxand South Africa and is an executive at ENSafrica. Beric specialises in corporate tax, employee incentives and benefits, employment tax, personal tax, retail and share incentive schemes. Beric has acted for clients in their dealings with the South African Revenue Service (SARS), and has advised clients on taxpayer’s rights, income tax, Value-Added Tax (VAT), Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and other fiscal statutes as well as the tax consequences of foreign investments.
Beric has authored and co-authored several books, including Taxpayers' Rights in South Africa, which aims to evaluate how the powers of SARS function in relation to taxpayers’ rights; Tax Administration, written together with Professor Lynette Olivier; and Tax Law: an Introduction.
Beric is a member of the editorial panel of The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants’ (“SAICA’s”) tax publication, Integritax. In 2013, he was appointed as chair of SAICA’s Tax Administration sub-committee, and he also serves on the National Tax Policy committee of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners. He has spoken at international and local conferences, including providing the keynote address at a graduation ceremony at the University of the Witwatersrand’s Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management.
Beric was a nominee for the University of the Witwatersrand Convocation Honour Award for his contribution to commerce and industry.
Beric is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 – Tax (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, 2016 – Tax (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016, 2015 – Corporate Tax: Advisory (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016 – Corporate Tax: Controversy (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 – Tax (South Africa)
- Tax Directors Handbook TDG250 2016, 2014 – Tax (South Africa)
- BCom (University of Cape Town)
- Certificate in Theory of Accounting (University of Cape Town)
- BProc (University of South Africa)
- LLB (University of South Africa)
- Higher Diploma (Tax Law) (cum laude) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- PhD in Commercial Law (University of Cape Town)