- Puerto Rico
- 1 of 17
Andries is a director in Taxand South Africa which is ENSafrica he specialises in corporate income tax and tax dispute resolution.
Andries’ experience includes advising companies (across various industries) on the tax implications applicable to a broad range of transactions, including merger and acquisition transactions (tax due diligence investigations and tax efficient transaction structuring advice), black economic empowerment (“BEE”) transactions, private equity transactions, financing/funding arrangements and corporate restructures.
Andries also has extensive industry experience in the mining sector, where he regularly consults to mining companies on a range of corporate tax, mining tax and mineral royalty related matters.
From a tax dispute resolution perspective, Andries assists companies in responding to South African Revenue Service (“SARS”) audits and investigations, preparing and lodging objections and appeals, alternative tax dispute resolution and tax court matters.
Prior to joining ENSafrica in 2013, Andries was a partner in the tax and legal practice of KPMG where he held the positions as the Head of Corporate Tax and the Head of Energy and Natural Resources Tax.
Andries has authored articles on numerous tax-related issues and has been quoted in publications including Mining Weekly, Mining Review Africa, Financial Mail and the Business Day.
- BCom (Law) (North-West University)
- LLB (North-West University)
- MCom (South African and International Tax) (University of Johannesburg)
- Certificate in Value-Added Tax (University of South Africa)
- Certificate Course in Prospecting and Mining Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Diploma in Tax Procedural Law (The Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego)