Your regular update on the latest issues affecting multinationals globally.
Taxand UK hosted cross-border VAT training
21 Jul 2015
Taxand UK held a practical, scenario based course designed to give those dealing with VAT on an international level the chance to gain further insight into the often confusing subject of VAT and cross-border transactions.
Areas for discussion were:
- When does an organisation have to register for VAT in a country other than its own?
- What are the VAT implications of there being an intermediary in a supply chain?
- What if goods are delivered to a warehouse in another country before being delivered to customers in various countries?
- What is the role of an invoice processing centre?
- What if a non-EU company arranges for an EU cross-border movement of goods between its supplier and customer?
- What are the place of supply rules for international services?
- What are the factors to consider when carrying out a service in another country on behalf of a client in your own country?
- If a service provider only has clients in other countries, is there any obligation to register for VAT?
- What are the common mistakes that people make when purchasing goods from a supplier in another EU country for exporting to a customer outside the EU?