Taxand Global Energy Tax Seminar
Hosted by Taxand Netherlands, this seminar gave multinationals an overview of the latest energy tax trends affecting the energy sector.
Together with our Taxand Energy Tax Team, we explored the latest tax trends affecting the globalisation of the energy sector, challenges facing the energy industry in these challenging times and developed an understanding of the impact tax planning has on the tender process. Delegates benefited from networking with peers and Taxanders alike. Bespoke meetings for clients were also be organised with Taxanders from around the world to discuss your specific tax issues.
Key pointers from the seminar
- Increasing scrutiny means increased tax risk for businesses – need for greater transparency and coordination with tax authorities
- Putting tax higher on the Board agenda will help drive operational efficiencies from the outset
- Rapid and effective communication of your tax strategy to external audiences will help manage media and public scrutiny
- High energy prices are driving jurisdictions towards augmenting domestic E&P, ultra-deep projects, natural gas and alternate energy
- Transfer pricing is increasingly more of a challenge. Identify where operations are expanding and contracting and use this change to get the pricing correct
- Energy businesses are seeing an increase in incentives designed to drive alternate energy production
To find out more about the latest tax news worldwide and its impact on multinationals read about Taxand's Take
Find our more about Taxand's dedicated energy tax services and team across nearly 50 countries