Taxand Asia Latest Tax Developments Seminar
Hosted by Taxand Singapore, this seminar gave multinationals an overview of the latest tax developments in Asia.
Together with our key Asia Taxanders, who all lead national practices, the team shared insights into recent cases and the impacts of legislative change highlighting key issues and practical solutions.
Key pointers from the seminar
- Governments are looking to actively reduce / manage deficits impacting local tax regimes
- Multinationals should focus on minimising their tax burden by seeking efficient methods to meet additional tax requirements resulting from fiscal deficits
- Increase in tax enforcement activity, for example TP audits and resolution of TP disputes
- Multinationals should prepare and maintain proper documentation to minimise the risks of audit on your business and defend against audit challenges and reassessment
- Trends towards attracting foreign direct investment
- Multinationals should maximise tax incentives and take advantage of opportunities for investment across Asia
Delegates also benefitted from networking with peers and Taxanders alike.