7 of the 10 fastest growing economies are located in Africa. Yet the continent continues to suffer from a fragile political environment and poor infrastructure. Taxand provides a one-stop African tax advisory service specifically for businesses entering or expanding into Africa.
Doing business in Africa is challenging. Legal and tax systems are fragmented while tax legislation and tax treaties are not often applied in accordance with the letter of the law or international principles. However investment potential is high particularly in the oil, metals and natural resources sectors as well as in the telecommunications and manufacturing areas.
Our flexible African team combines best in country and international advisors to provide a quality tax advisory service across the continent. We work in partnership with you through the lifecycle of your investments to ensure implementation of efficient tax structures whilst seeking to identify and minimise risks, every step of the way.
Taxand’s Africa tax advisory service is coordinated through our Sub-Saharan and North African hubs, namely ENSafrica (Africa's largest and one of Africa’s oldest law firms) and Garrigues Maroc (the Moroccan office of Garrigues, a leading law firm in continental Europe).
Our team travels throughout the continent consulting with local practices, best in-country advisors as well as negotiating with local tax authorities to provide a unique hands on approach which is critical to this region. We put together your engagement team to suit your specific business needs and deliver the highest quality, integrated tax advice across the continent.
At Taxand Africa, we deliver:
- Regulatory, tax and legal compliance services including:
- Country review and analysis of economic, political, operational, security, tax and legal risks to facilitate operational / investment decision making
- Overviews of country tax and regulatory requirements and the cost of doing business
- Tax efficient structuring advice including all legal and commercial aspects
- Design and implementation of customised compliance systems
- M & A tax advisory from due diligence to structuring, reorganisation and refinancing, from deal inception to post deal integration
- Inbound and outbound expatriate tax and employee tax advisory and compliance assistance
- Negotiating settlement agreements, conducting tax litigation and providing litigation support
- International tax planning services for private clients including advice on tax and exchange control issues relating to trusts, filing requirements and relocation opportunities
- Transfer pricing and indirect tax / VAT related advisory assistance where relevant